Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center is an event to remember for ANY fashionista! Twice a year in September and February, designers, models, makeup artists, stylists, photographers, bloggers and editors ALL mingle for a glimpse of fashion MECCA!
I was blessed to attend 19 fashion shows backstage to witness first looks and chat with celebs and designers (I even took a selfie with Diane von Fürstenberg herself and Vogue’s own Grace Coddington!) I must say it was a September to remember.
This ‘Curl Gurl’ was at Lincoln Center and other off-site shows sometimes from 6:00 AM all the way to 10:00 PM during the weekend — but it was all worth it! Aside from my life support (COFFEE!) to keep me going, I had my camera, Mercedes-Benz credentials and backstage passes all raring to go.
So, I decided to share my Top 10 Fashion Week Survival Items (my must-haves that kept me going during NY Fashion Week) with all of you BeautyStat beauties.
1. Ouidad Melt-Down Extreme Repair Mask ($40.00) Carrying around heavy bags (especially my camera strap) tend to catch my hair, ripping and causing unwanted frizz. This repair mask provides bountiful TLC for my curls. Read the review of the Melt-Down Extreme Repair Mask HERE!
2. Ouidad Double Detangler Comb ($24.00) This comb arrived at the perfect time to detangle my hair is one swipe. This comb is weighted, so fewer strokes are needed to detangle in half the time.
3. Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage ($28.00) PERFECT since I was up
at 5:00 AM for NY Fashion Week, and still going strong until 10:00 PM ALL WEEKEND — my usual sleep-in days. A true lifesaver! My eyes look refreshed with no bags in sight!
4. WHISH Deodorant Wipes: (30pk $22.00/8pk $7.00) Wearing ALL BLACK during Fashion Week is tricky with deodorant, leaving behind a white, chalky residue. A quick and easy swipe of these deodorant wipes banished both odor and slows unwanted hair growth. Read my full review of these deodorant wipes HERE!
5. Joelle Cotton Shapewear Tank Top by Yummie Tummie ($48.00) Breathable and perfect
for layering, the Joelle Cotton Shapewear Tank Top slims the midsection and torso with moderate control, smoothing you out without adding an extra shaper. Perfect hip-length design makes it ideal for low rise pants.
6. Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray: ($18.00 2 fl. oz) A best-kept-secret for backstage and red
carpets, two spritz of this helps set my makeup and avoid make-up meltdowns for 16-hours — making skin look smoother. It is also oil-free, noncomedogenic and dermatologist tested.
7. Elizabeth Arden UNTOLD Perfume: ($59.00 1.7 fl. oz) The signature fragrance of the modern woman. UNTOLD is: feminine, sophisticated, luxurious, modern and sensual. I received TONS of compliments on this one from artists, models and even designers backstage. A sure HIT!
8. Free Your Mane Glitter Hair Pomade: ($35.00) When a fashion mishap (camera hitting my head; glue stitches) caused me to rock a bun during the last days of Fashion Week, this pomade kept my hair from frizzing.
It left me with soft hair that had a a glittery glow. Paraben-free with a blend of baobab, argan, pomegranate seed and sweet almond oil.
9. IOMA Paris Soothing Gel For Legs: ($75.00) Ideal for a “high-heel hangover” and JUST in time for Fashion Week! Long hours backstage and running from show to show left my legs and feet HURTING, despite wearing flats.
To cure sore, tired legs, IOMA Paris Soothing Gel refreshes and relieves even the achiest legs – instantly! Contains phytonne and menthol for proven results. This unique blend of biotechnology and botanical active ingredients promises to: boost microcirculation, strengthen vein walls and provide instant, long-lasting coolness.
Elasticizer Extreme is designed for hair that is very damaged or processed. Results are also extreme – hair is instantly replenished, hydrated and nourished. Leaving hair full of elasticity, bounce and reflective shine.
What do you beauties think of Evelyn’s arsenal of Fashion Week goodies? Which products can’t you wait to try?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Evelyn Lugo
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.